Projects that I can complete in a few hours are my favourites, with weekend projects coming a close second.
Now, as you can imagine, I've got a few pieces (well... more than a few actually) waiting in line to be transformed so this recent project was a good one to get completed end to end over a weekend.
I'm really in love with the whole French farmhouse look right now so I'm working to create a few pieces.
This hall table was the first on the list and I love how it came up.
Here's what I did:
1. Wiped the entire piece with a warm soapy cloth to remove any dust and dirt.
2. Removed the handles.
3. Applied masking tape to the sides of the drawers.
4. Painted the drawer fronts.
5. Turned the table upside down to paint the legs and under sides.
6. Finished off with painting the top.
7. Distressed using sandpaper.
8. Wiped over with a damp cloth to remove any sanding dust.
9. Replaced the handles.
I'm sure you will agree that a coat of paint, some distressing and new handles makes all the difference to this cute wee table.
What is your next piece on your upcycling list? Let me know in the comments below.
Hi I'm Kathryn,
You're going to love how QUICK, EASY + AFFORDABLE it is to transform your furniture. With
Upcycled & Co. Furniture Paint, a 3-in-1 that primes, paints and seals (it's not chalk paint) you won't need to sand, prime, wax or seal - just paint and you're done.
I'm super-passionate about sharing what I know about furniture painting to make it easy for you.
If you'd love to start a creative business I can help with that too, simply click here.