NO SANDING. NO PRIMING. NO WAXING. NO VARNISHING.
We always have FREE shipping on orders over $90
Upcycled & Co. Furniture Paint is a water-based paint that primes, paints and seals all at the same time making it QUICK, EASY + AFFORDABLE compared chalk paint as no wax or sealer is required.
NO NEED FOR WAX OR POLYURETHANE. It's eco-friendly, and is suitable for indoor and outdoor projects. Apply direct to most wood, metal, plastic and ceramic surfaces without sanding or priming.
Create all of your favourite waxed, aged, smooth, antique, distressed, white washed, rustic, vintage, textured or chalk paint looks quickly and easily USING ONLY PAINT. This makes it QUICK, EASY + AFFORDABLE!
Buy DIRECT FROM THE DISTRIBUTOR & SAVE! This product is NOT available in retail stores.
NO NEED FOR WAX OR POLYURETHANE.
You will only need to sand the surface if:
- The surface is dented, scratched and marked and you want a very smooth finish.
- Paint or varnish is flaking (sand those areas smooth).
- You are painting old shiny Formica (scuff with sandpaper first).
HOW TO PAINT YOUR FURNITURE STEP-BY-STEP
To prepare and paint your pieces in Upcycled & Co. Furniture Paint, simply:
1. Rub the piece all over with a medium grade Scotchbrite pad ensuring any grime is completely removed (you may need to sand some of this) and any shine softened.
2. Repair, fill and sand any lumps or bumps if you want to.
3. Clean your entire piece well all over with a degreaser and wax remover (like Diggers Degreaser and Wax Remover available at Bunnings). This is to ensure any furniture polish, wax, oil, grime or dirt (including fly dirt) that could be on your piece is removed completely.
4. Apply one very sparse coat of paint all over your piece. You should be able to see through this coat easily. Let this coat dry.
5. Now apply coats to cover. Water paint down a little if you're getting brush marks.
6. Sand out any imperfections between coats with 240 grit sandpaper.
7. Water your paint down by about 10% for your final coat or for any coats if your paint is thick. This will give you a smoother finish without brush marks.
IMPORTANT: Sand our any imperfections between coats. Water your paint down to ensure a smooth finish without brush marks. Always leave your piece for 7 days to cure (for the paint to fully harden) or 10 days in the cooler months before using it or putting anything on the surface. Keeping it in a room with a heater on low for 24-48 hours will help with this process in the winter months or equally, in a sunny room in the warmer months.
Find out how to achieve our proven processes at one of our furniture painting tutorials today.
Upcycled & Co. Furniture Paint is proudly produced right here in New Zealand and has numerous benefits:
Sizes: 1 litre cans and 90ml test pots.
Use: Furniture (indoor/outdoor), walls, home decor items and paint effects.
Directions: Clean item thoroughly. Stir paint well. Dilute with water as required to achieve desired paint effects.
Touch Dry: 30 minutes
Re-coat: 1-2 hours
Cures: 7 days
Application: Brush, roller, sprayer or speed brush.
Clean up: Warm soapy water.
Optimum Air Temperature for Use: Minimum 10C maximum 35C.
Coverage: 12 sqm per litre (dependant upon the finish you want to achieve as some paint effects take more paint than others).
NATURALS – White, Vanilla, Linen, Latte, Chocolate
BLUES – Sky, Navy, Aqua, Duck Egg
GREENS – Jade
ORANGES – Tangerine
REDS – Ruby
YELLOW – Mustard
GREY & BLACKS – Ash, Jet
Learn how to mix our colours to achieve endless shades at an Furniture Paint 101.
The colours on our online chart are as close as possible to the actuals. You may need to sand a surface if you have flaking paint or varnish or if the surface is particularly dented and marked and you want a smooth finish. Sometimes shiny surfaces can benefit from a quick scuff with sandpaper, however the way you apply the paint to these surfaces is usually the key.
Purchase your paint from our online paint store and we will have it sent out to you. Your order will be with you in 2-5 working days.
FREE Shipping (All paint orders ONLY $80 & over)
Residential - Flat Rate NZ$10.00 per order
Rural - Flat Rate NZ$14.00 per order
Residential - Flat Rate South Island Overnight Delivery NZ$20.00 per order
Flat Rate - NZ$25.00 per order
No matter where in the world you are, you can join one of our Furniture Painting Tutorials.