I do have to admit that I'm a starter. In my studio there's nothing I LOVE more than starting a new project - the anticipation and initial excitement is what I love the most. Smaller projects are really what I enjoy the most.
So... needless to say, our dining room suite has been a bit of a challenge.
Now for those of you who follow me closely, you will know that this has been dragging on way too long. I think I started it around 4 or 5 months ago (she says with embarrassment), but I am getting there. It's almost done now with just the final chair seats to be covered.
With this project I decided to polyurethane the chairs and the table top, to provide extra protection.
Here's what I did:
1. Painted using a textured painting technique.
2. Finished the chairs with a dry brushing effect using White.
3. Applied white wax to the table legs and base.
4. Polyurethaned the table top and chairs for added protection.
If you'd love to see more projects, head on over and join our Facebook Group, the Upcycled Community. We now have over 800 members who are sharing their projects all the time.
The journey to launching a paint brand
April 13, 2017
Getting the look is easy!
March 19, 2017