Video Tutorial: Furniture Painting for Beginners
Now you can learn all of the techniques we teach in our studio workshops with this pre-recorded furniture painting tutorial. There really is no need to spend a fortune on new furniture when you can totally transform what you already have with paint.
You will get access to the video you can download to watch when you are able to.
In this workshop you will learn how to:
- Choose your first piece of furniture to paint.
- Prepare your furniture.
- Decide on a colour.
- Use the best equipment for a professional finish.
- Apply paint to different surfaces.
- Create a smooth finish.
- Distress your painted piece (if you choose to).
- How to mix colours.
If you'd like to purchase paint and accessories for the class, you can do so here www.upcycledandco.com.
You will need:
- 1 x 1" paint brush and/or 1 x 2" paint brush
- 240 grit sandpaper
- Lint free rags
- A jar of water
- A container with a lid to put your paint into to work from.
- 90ml pot of paint (or more than one depending on your piece)
- A hairdryer