I used to love these brass plaques back in the 80s; in fact I had one just like this displayed on my lounge wall.
For a while now I have been looking at these in charity stores thinking, one of these might look good painted. So, I picked one up last week, and on Saturday morning I gave it a fresh new look in 30 minutes.
Here's what I did:
1. Applied one coat of Upcycled & Co. Furniture Paint in Ash.
2. Dried it off with a hairdryer for a few minutes.
3. Painted a second, slightly watered down coat.
4. Used the hairdryer again to dry it off.
5. Applied a wash of Upcycled & Co. Furniture Paint in White. You can learn how to create a wash by watching my FREE Furniture Painting Workshop in my Facebook group. Join the group, then search 'free workshop' once you're a member and you can see the video.
What do you have around your home that you could transform in 30 minutes?
If you'd like to learn how to use Upcycled & Co. Furniture Paint, then join a Paint Workshop today (online, in Tauranga or another New Zealand town).
The journey to launching a paint brand
April 13, 2017
Getting the look is easy!
March 19, 2017